Hideo Kojima has announced that buying Zone of the Enders HD will get you early access to a Metal Gear Rising demo
to me, thanksgiving (and any other holiday) isn’t about meat - it’s about friends, family, being together, food, and festivity.
people think that being veg*n is about giving up so much, when that’s not the case at all. we throw just as good parties without meat! this is just one of many ways you can bring that “spectacle” to a holiday party without having a big dead animal on the table. (it’s also one of the easiest ways to do this, without having to make tofu or seitan. it’s all vegetables and grains!)
try making multiple kinds of foods and serve them in squashes, it looks really awesome and everyone at our big party this weekend loved it.
- hollow out a large pumpkin.
- put on to boil 2 cups wild rice.
- break apart 1 head cauliflower, place in a pan and drizzle on olive oil. bake at 450F for 20-30 minutes, or until they start slightly browning.
- prepare 3 cups chickpeas (either by boiling dried or heating canned & drained.)
- when the rice and cauliflower are almost done, toast 1 cup raw sunflower seeds on a medium-low heat pan.
- stir everything in a large bowl, folding in 2/3 cup dried cranberries.
- pour into the pumpkin and bake at 450F for 20-30 minutes.
serve hot! feeds about 10 people.